If you’re looking to make some extra cash on a schedule that works for you, Fiverr is a great place to try.
Microjobs are becoming more popular all the time. If you’re looking to make some extra cash on a schedule that works for you, Fiverr (www.fiverr.com) is a great vehicle to accomplish exactly that. If you already have a service-type business, you can use Fiverr to find more clients.
Fiverr is a website that allows users to sell and purchase services for $5. There are people that actually earn a full-time living from Fiverr alone.
$5 might not sound like a lot, but there are many simple tasks you probably know how to do that only take a few minutes of your time. Perhaps there is something you could even do while watching television on your couch.
Follow this step-by-step plan for earning money with Fiverr:
1. Look at the services being offered. You’re sure to get some great ideas. Scroll through the offerings and make note of those that you’re capable of performing.
2. Make a list of the services you’d like to provide. Take some time and brainstorm your own ideas.
- Blog and article writing
- Blog/website creation
- Reviewing products
- SEO work
3. Think about challenges people have and how you can solve them. A store-owner might like to have a blog, but doesn’t have the slightest idea how to setup WordPress. Someone might want to remove red-eye from a photograph but doesn’t know how to use the necessary software.
4. Keep in mind the time it will take to complete the task. Do you really want to work for $5/hour? It might be worth it if you’re able to turn that client into a long-term client for higher-end services later on. That $5 graphics job might become a $1,000 job after they get a feel for your work.
5. Create your gig. Fiverr offers are referred to as “gigs.” Fiverr has become quite competitive over the last few years. Optimizing your gig is important.
- Take the time to create a good title. Look at the other gigs and notice the titles that really catch your eye. Attempt to create an even better title.
- Be bold and include a video. You can describe your offering or even show an example of your work. Video improves your visibility tremendously.
- Use the tag field effectively. Consider all the terms people could use to locate your services.
6. Promote your gig. This is the real key to Fiverr success. Getting noticed is critical. Take advantage of the various social media platforms to promote your services. Use Facebook and Twitter at a minimum.
You can also use blogs, articles, and forums to spread the word.
7. Make use of the Fiverr forums. Fiverr has a very active forum community. One of the best ways to find your first customer is to spend some time on there and comment on the various threads. Many Fiverr service providers are also customers. If people get to know and trust you, you’ll be more likely to get some work.
8. Be thorough. Get all the information you need before getting started with your work. Delivering a custom greeting card with a green theme won’t go over well if your client hates green. There is a messaging system built into Fiverr to foster effective communication.
Fiverr prohibits communication outside of their website. This rarely stops the motivated, however. Moving clients away from Fiverr is an effective tactic for providing more expensive services.
9. Be punctual and excellent. Deliver your best work on time. It can be easy to procrastinate without a boss hovering over you. If you become popular, it’s easy to have the jobs stack up quickly. Positive reviews contribute to long-term success.
There’s a lot to like about Fiverr. With a good gig, it’s possible to earn money at an impressive hourly rate. The greatest challenge is getting noticed among all the other service providers. There are plenty of quick tasks that can be performed, but there are a lot of other people offering the same services.
Optimizing your gig is critical. Really spend the necessary time on your title and description. Be sure to include a video to improve your exposure.
With a little work, it’s possible to earn an impressive amount of money in your spare time.