You may have wondered how to make money on YouTube. I mean, everybody and their dog is on YouTube these days!
Now is the time to learn so you can turn YouTube into more than just video entertainment site and make it a useful income generation tool – part-time or full-time.
You can have fun while you’re making money on YouTube. It’s a great way to make your own videos and promote them to the world while you’re making money. Read on to find out just how you can become your own YouTube professional with a bankbook to show it.
What is YouTube?
YouTube is a video-sharing site owned by Google which allows users to upload, view, rate, share, and comment on videos.
YouTube has over a billion users; that is almost one-third of all people on the Internet! Indeed, in the United States alone, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than any cable network.
That’s a mouth-watering stats when it comes to advertising and marketing. That seems to me like endless possibilities when it comes to applying that stat to income conversion strategy.
You can allow advertisers to put Google Adsense ads on your videos and Google will pay you for page views or click-throughs on the ads. It takes many thousands of page views to make money, so you’ll want to promote your YouTube channel everywhere you can.
Another way to make money at YouTube is by putting ads for your own website or products to channel more customers your way. Or, you can include ads for products for which you are an affiliate and earn commissions when folks buy through your affiliate link.
Ideas for Your Videos
At YouTube, the most successful people show others how to do something that they don’t know how to do themselves, such as playing games online. Also, there’s a huge audience of children who enjoy watching someone open and use brand name, popular toys …
Consider these ideas for your videos:
- Art is a great subject to do on YouTube. Show the creative process of making your masterpiece from beginning to end.
- Another great way to highlight your talents is with music.
- Show your expertise at making something out of wood.
- Auto mechanics. Anything to do with keeping up with a car is a great way to make money on YouTube. Be specific so people can fix their own vehicles.
- Martial Arts. Protection is a key reason for success in life. If you’re an expert, show what you know in the martial arts field.
- Most people want to learn how to dance, but can’t find the courage. Show them how on YouTube.
- Show videos of the places you’ve visited or lived in.
- Ensure the video is clean enough to see the details.
- Makeup artists do a great job making money on YouTube. Have a special niche that you can fill.
- Video Games. Help others learn how to play video games.
- Other Interests. What are you an expert at? Use what you know to make a detailed video and allow it to make you money.
I’m sure by now you have half dozen ideas bouncing off your head you’d like to share on YouTube! Just go ahead and start.
Be serious about what you’re doing and have fun too.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Ensure your computer and video camera are in good working order. You’ll get higher quality videos.
- Gather your supplies. Get everything that you need in order to make your video.
- Go to the YouTube website and create your account. They have instructions for how to make your account.
- Think about who would like what you’re filming. Who’s your audience? Keep them in mind when you’re showing them what they can do on your video.
- Film your video. If you don’t feel confident about filming, have someone else film it for you.
- Promote your video to family, friends, and neighbors. Tell everyone you know so they take a look at your video.
- Use your own blog. Make your own blog and share your video there, too.
- Use social media sites to promote your video. Use Facebook, Twitter, and other social and video-sharing sites to help you promote your video to the world.
Equipment and Supplies
You want to have a computer that is in good working order. It’s a good idea to have a camera attached to your computer or a video-phone camera that you can work with on a regular basis. You may already have your equipment and supplies so you can just begin shooting your videos and making money right away.
Things to Consider
These tips will give you an edge over what others are doing in the YouTube arena:
- Have a great imagination. Be creative with your video.
- Be meticulous. Make the highest quality video that you can.
- Take the project seriously. Making money on YouTube is a serious business, even if you are having fun.
- Focus on providing value (and humor) to your audience. Value is what makes your viewers to keep coming back, and humor is what keeps them watching and sharing your videos.
- Know that you must get the word out. Understand that it’s your job to get the word out about what you’re doing.
- Create another video as soon as you can. Once you get one video up, make another, and another, and then another. Continue adding videos to your YouTube channel. The more the merrier – and the more money you’ll make!
YouTube is a great way to make money in your spare time, and can be very lucrative once you build an audience. Remember to be positive, have fun, and be smart about what you’re doing. You may find that you have quite a knack for bringing interesting ideas to others with video.
Postscript: I discovered quite a few courses on Udemy that can teach you how to set up your channel and make money on YouTube. Many of them are just about 20 bucks. They are worth checking out. Click here to see some of them. Be sure to read the reviews before you sign up.
Do you have a YouTube channel, and have you made money from it? Do you mind sharing your strategies with us?